- Go to the website (click the aqua button below)
- Enter your basic information (no one sees this except us)
- Upload your photo (takes less than a minute)
- Pick your category (there are TEN!!)
- Submit! Easy breezy!!
WHY HELP US?
WHY HELP OPERATION READ?
- People who cannot read cannot contribute to our economy (not able to complete a job application to get a job , not able to get a license, not putting taxes in, not buying gasoline, not buying groceries etc.)
- People who cannot read rely on social services so they are not contributing but also draining our economy
wHY DOES IT MATTER?
- 130 million adults in US cannot read a simple story to their children
- 21% of US adults are illiterate
- 54% of US adults read below a 5th grade level (which is 10 years old)
- 44% of US adults do not read a book a year
- $20 BILLION is the cost of illiteracy to the USA (2022)
- 85% of juvenile offenders have trouble reading
- 70% of low-income 4th graders cannot read at the basic level